Emergency Trailer Break-Away Safety System
- Bluetooth and wired connectivity options for in vehicle monitors
- Intelligent time-out to protect brakes
- Works off house battery – no additional battery required!
- LED status indicators for full-system safety check at trailer tongue
- Meets Australian regulations for break away systems on trailers over 2000kgs.
- Tests pull pin functionality as well as battery health
- Drives brake lights as well as electric brakes in the event of a break away
TrailSafe model 2020
TrailSafe - No Battery Needed
TrailSafe + TrailCheck
Tow a trailer safely and legallyAustralian Design Rule mandates that all trailers having a gross trailer mass over 2,000 kg should utilise a break-away safety system on all wheels. Emergency braking system must also be capable of automatically activating should the trailer become detached from the tow vehicle. In such a situation the brakes must remain active for a minimum of 15 minutes. TrailSafe is a highly effective break-away safety system designed to activate the electric brakes of a trailer or a caravan in the event of a disconnection from the towing vehicle. TrailSafe takes convenience a step further by utilising the trailer’s house battery to power the brakes in a break-away situation. This means there is no need to maintain a second battery in your trailer throughout the year. TrailSafe also provides an indication of the charge status of the house battery. It also checks the condition of the pull pin and effective activation of the brakes. This is transmitted through a wire to a remote monitor, as well as by Bluetooth wireless to the optional TrailCheck. If the towing vehicle becomes separated from the trailer, mechanical pull pin is removed from TrailSafe, thus detecting disconnection. Upon disconnection, the brakes and brake lights are activated as long as charge remains in the trailer battery or until the pin is replaced.
System Voltage: 12V
Compatible: all types of lead acid batteries with capacity greater than 50Ah; LiFePO4 batteries with capacity of 100Ah or greater
Temperature: -20°C to 60°C
IP Rating: IP67
Pull Pin Integrity – checks system wiring providing fault indication LED
LED function: with pin removed or brakes applied:
- GREEN when battery is good
- ORANGE when battery condition should be checked
- Remove the pin from the physical TrailSafe unit.
- Once LED’s have lit up, refer to LED chart below for reference.
- If the voltage of your battery is sufficient, the TrailSafe is functional.
No, the TrailSafe connects directly to the house/main battery. This means that no additional battery and no additional controller is required.