Gas Bottle Level Monitor & App
Never run out of gas unexpectedly again!
- Compact, lightweight, tough, water and dust resistant
- Suits most portable domestic gas bottles
- Communicates with smartphones via Bluetooth
- Free SmartSense app via Google Play and iTunes App Store
- Can be used via JHub and Odyssey apps
- Easy DIY installation with extra strong magnets
$57 – $89
How much gas is left?
SmartSense - It's Common Sense
How to change battery
How to check gas bottle level?
Gas bottle level monitor SmartSense takes the guess work out of the question.
Download SmartSense app, synchronise the sensor and attach it to the bottom of the gas cylinder. Now you can get an exact answer – right on your smartphone!
Setup the size of your gas bottle or choose from the standard Australian gas bottle sizes. Configure the alarm threshold and the information to be displayed as percentage or centimetres.
Use your smartphone to monitor as many gas bottles as you want, and never run out of gas unexpectedly.
Caravanners running their heaters and fridges on gas; café owners using outdoor gas heaters; BBQ lovers and everybody else using liquified gas will find this app to be highly useful and convenient. No more warm water testing, weighing gas bottles or fortune telling – you’ve got an app for that!
The SmartSense sensor has a standard non-rechargeable 3V round battery CR2032. SmartSense app works on all devices that have Bluetooth 4.0 + Low Energy (BLE).
The filling of nominal 9kg bottles with 8.5kg of gas was a safety initiative of the Australian LPG industry. The same is true of 4kg bottles being filled with 3.7kg of gas.
- Using a small screwdriver, lift the lid which is held by the snap fit.
- Lift the board with the electronics carefully and replace the CR2032 battery.
- Place the electronics board back into base. Pay attention to wire routing so that wires do not get pinched when lid is reassembled. Also check that the enclosure seal is properly seated into the base. Place the lid back and press to secure all four snap fits.
Step One – The SmartSense may still be in factory mode – press the orange sync button 5-6 times
Step Two – ensure Bluetooth and Location Services are both activated on your phone
Step Three – retry pairing by press and hold Sync button to enable SmartSense app to detect unit
- Ensure the base of your propane gas tank is clean. Remove any debris, excess paint or rust.
- Open your app and navigate to the SmartSense screen.
- Follow the instructions in the app to pair your SmartSense sensor.
- On the SmartSense sensor, press the orange sync button. If this is the first time you are using the sensor, press the orange sync button six times to wake it from Sleep Mode.
- Using the supplied grease, apply a generous amount to the rubber pads on the back of the sensor.
- Use the sensor’s magnets to attach the sensor to the bottom of the tank. Make sure the rubber pad between the magnets makes good contact with the tank, and the sensor is in the centre of the tank.
- Return the tank to its upright position. It might take a few minutes for the gas to settle and for readings to stabilise.
- The sensor is now paired to the app and will show the current gas level of your tank.